As an ISO 9001 registered company, you are closer than you think to achieving an Environmental Management System (EMS) registration to the International Standard ISO 14001, or an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) registration to national standards or specifications such as OHSAS 18001, ANSI/AIHA Z10 or CAN/CSA Z1000.
Being ISO 9001 registered, you already have:
EMS and OHSMS Information Session
- A structured management system based on the proven Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) model for continual improvement.
- A knowledgeable team that has recognized the quality performance improvements and the business advantage that such a system can deliver.
- A head start on your EMS or OHSMS! Approximately 60% of the processes / procedures for your EMS or OHSMS are potentially already in place, since ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 have many common requirements.
Join QMI on Thursday, September 13 or Tuesday, October 30 for a free information session about how easy it is to integrate EMS and OHSMS registration programs into your organization. We’ll give an overview of the standards themselves, discuss benefits of each of the standards for your organization, and how to implement a management system. This seminar will be conducted in a webinar format, meaning you’ll connect to the meeting via your computer to see a powerpoint presentation, and then dial in via a phone line to hear the presentation.
To register for the webinar:
Thursday, September 13, 2007 Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long will it take to implement my EMS/OHSMS
- Can we use our current auditor?
- Can we integrate our management systems?
- Do we have to integrate our management systems?
- How do we integrate our management systems?
- How do we integrate audits?
- What is the benefit of integrated audits?
- How soon do we have to schedule our document review, preliminary assessment and registration audit?
- How do we get our savings?
- How do we get our standards?
- What other help is available to implement these systems?
How long will it take to implement my EMS/OHSMS?
If you take advantage of your QMS and are able to devote a significant amount of your time along with the time of an implementation team, it should take you about 6 months to be ready for the document review and preliminary assessment and another 3 months for the registration audit.
Can we use our current auditor?
It depends. We have many multi-standard qualified auditors and yours may be one. If not, we could setup an audit team that includes your auditor, if you chose a partially or fully integrated audit.
Can we integrate our management systems?
Do we have to integrate our management systems?
No, the choice is yours
How do we integrate our management systems?
The simplest approach is to use information available from QMI to expand the scope of your existing QMS activities and processes to include EMS or OHSMS. In addition, you will need to develop and implement the unique EMS or OHMS requirements.
How do we integrate audits?
QMI can do separate audits, parallel audits, partially or fully integrated audits. The type of audit we do is determined by your preference and the design of your management systems.
What is the benefit of integrated audits?
There are several benefits. First of all cost. We can reduce the audit time and cost by 20% and travel expenses through reduced visits. Fewer visits also reduce the disruption to your operations from audits.
How soon do we have to schedule our document review, preliminary assessment and registration audit?
No set time, but it is critical to develop internal excitement and commitment and not let the implementation lapse or the momentum will be lost.
How do we get our savings?
The cost of a one-day document review, up to $1400, will be deducted from your registration audit invoice.
How do we get our standards?
QMI will send it to you once you sign on for one of these new registrations.
What other help is available to implement these systems?
QMI offers training, contact your local office/account manager for a list of consultants, visit our website for tech documents.
Savings for Your Organization
To help you get started, QMI is offering:
- A free copy of the standard(s) you are choosing to implement, including: ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:1999, ANSI/AIHA Z10-2005 (US) and/or CSA Z1000-06 (Canada)
- Free document review* (up to $1400 in value)
Contact QMI today:
You can also request a proposal or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US: 1 800 247-0802
- Canada: 1 800 465-3717
- Mexico: 01-800-0125491
*Up to 1 day; amount removed from registration audit invoice; travel not included.